Friday, July 6, 2007

Cedar Rapids, IA (102 miles)

My first century! (Ok, well the other day I did 88, I might have added an extra 12 dawdling around the town later that night in search of ice cream. But, that aside...)

It was a HOT one today! My bike was reading over 104 degrees at one point! It's funny, the heat and my blister (from the hours of dodgeball we played at the YMCA yesterday) were bothering me more for the first 60 than the rest of the ride. I had a great ride with Elle today, and we passed the time with some good discussions about global issues: natural disasters, what motivates people, and the heirarchy of needs. Oh, and I roared ferociously at all 5 dogs that tried to nip our heels at our outset.

We were treated this evening (after a fabulous meal) to visit a family living in a local Habitat House! It was fantastic to be able to put faces, names, and stories with our cause. The daugter is considering traveling around Europe with a group on a similar mission, but playing music instead of biking.

I would write more, but I'm wiped, and have to wake up in less than 8 hours. Hope you're all doing great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ev, You are amazing. I am so proud of you! I'm sorry I didn't get your computer to you this week but it will arrive next week safely packed in foam.

Great job on your first century!! I love the photo you sent. Thanks.

Ride safe.

Love, Mom