Thursday, May 10, 2007

Another Ride with Everett

Ok, so I hadn't posted in about a week because I spent last weekend exploring Reykjavik, Iceland. Absolutely fantastic landscape - comparable to the moon! During our car rental experience, we got lost and ended up on top of a volcanic crater, how often does that happen?! I did manage to squeeze in a few hours touring around the city on a 500 pound mountain bike - oh how I missed my new bike!

Back to the usual grind, I did about 2 hours today with Everett. This time not only was I smarter about not doing 40 miles of hills the day before, but I also took the first hour easier. Constantly reminding myself to spin easy on the hills in the first half, helped give me a kick on the way back. About an hour and a half in, we did some speed-work with a paceline at about 25mph. This felt great! Pushing hard at 25mph for a minute or so, then getting carried at the same speed. This is obviously the way to head across the country. I still have some pacing to learn though, as I was dropped like a rock on the last hill, but I do see some significant improvement over the last ride.

I really enjoy the great conversations with people I wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity, if it weren't for Bike & Build.

No comments: