Sunday, May 27, 2007

Razor Burn

Don't shave your legs for the first time without reading up on how to do it. It's quite painful.

Why do it: (1) better situation if you get gnarled up, (2) ticks bounce off your legs rather than have something to cling to, and (3) more comfortable(?).

If you are going to do it:
Read up on tips from the internet. There are some decent tips out there.
Shave in the direction of the hair for the first few times. (Really, it makes a difference.)
Baby oil, moisturizer, and baby oil.

I'm glad I experimented with this weeks before the trip began, or I'd be quite the grumpy camper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did it not occur to you to ask your mother? I've been shaving my legs for years. Actually, Megan taught me the trick of using hair conditioner instead of shave cream or soap. Thank you for a wonderful morning chuckle. I suppose you'll need extra razor blades for the trip now?

Abby Dana said...

it is great to think about you trying to translate the knowledge you have about having your face to shaving your legs. not as easy as it seems huh? back of the knee is herd, isnt it?! haha i am glad that the internet was there to guide you. i hope to talk to you soon ev!!

Keith D. said...

Use a new razor and hair conditioner as a lubricant. Shaving cream does not work as well on your legs as hair conditioner. At least that is what I have found. Also going to your legs with razor with out trimming off the long hair first is difficult. Best to buzz before shaving on for the first time.