Saturday, June 23, 2007

Youngstown, OH (54 miles)

It was pretty exciting to see the Ohio sign today, as I hadn't yet visited this state!

We rode some great rolling hills today after Pastor Sam showed us a hilly shortcut. There was a great medley of long gradual climbs and steep medium climbs. I was feeling kinda lazy today and stuck in the high gears up the hills, just spinning slowly. I tackled one big climb all in the highest gear, standing the whole time. It was a good push. My wrist is still soar (more so after helping to unload everyone's bag from the trailer). But feeling OK.

Last night Pastor Sam gave me some advice on how to change the setup of my bike to make it more comfortable. I dropped the handlebars by two collars and tilted them down, too. I also moved the seat forward to relieve some pain from the seat that was building. The seat adjustment seems to have worked, but we also had a day off and an easy 50 today. The handlebar change now lets me hunker down a bit more and grip the hoods while my forearms rest on the bars, this is awesome for my wrist.

The scenery was gorgeous again today, and the temperature, fantastic. A nice cool morning and sub-80 degree and sunny day made for another amazingly beautiful meandering ride. Our lunch stop was next to a barn, across the street from a farmhouse, in the middle of a slew of fields. The family came out and gave us cantelope, drinks, and then s'more mix for the road.

I wish I could upload some pics off my camera (with a freshly broken screen) to show you all how it looks while I'm riding, but you'll just have to imagine it.

Enjoy!

No comments: