Sunday, April 22, 2007

"I Love Hills!" and 46.8

Saturday, I went on a great hill tour around the Westford area with my mom (who is training for her second PMC). We rode easy (for me) most of the time, and then I would branch off for a few minutes whenever I saw a hill on a side street. I was quite proud to have done my longest ride to date with my mom, 40.2 miles. I felt great afterwards, except a bit winded in my lungs. I think I'm not yet used to this gorgeous 80ยบ sunshine.

Today, I rode with the president of Swing Ltd. around the whole state (not quite, but the 46.8 miles felt far). My legs felt great throughout the first 25 miles, even on the uphills. But as we drew on towards mile 35, I couldn't demolish the inclines as I would have liked. My left hip was sore roughly halfway through, and aggravated by powerful spinning. Oh, and I learned not to eat a salad and fish within an hour after riding. That didn't end so well.

Lovin' the biker's tan though!

No comments: