Monday, April 2, 2007

Need Warmer Fingers


In the name of preparing for 2 months of consecutive days of riding, rain or shine, I intentionally challenged myself with this morning's cold and rainy commute to work (from Westford).

After my face became accustomed to the cold wind, the only part of me that was frigid was my fingers. In fact, they still don't feel quite right. They were so numb and bitterly cold I had to stop to warm them up. Breaking was almost scary without full control of my fingers. I'm glad I am learning about my limits before I hit the road in Providence.

On the plus, the new shorts that I bought yesterday at Belmont Wheelworks annual sale were well worth the price, as I had no discomfort whatsoever from my seat.

I hope it's a bit warmer for my fingers on the ride home!

No comments: