Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Trek 1500!


I ordered the bike today! The 52cm Trek 1500 (with and Alpha SLR Aluminum frame, Bontrager Approved carbon fork, Bontrager Select wheels, Shimano 105 52/42/30 crank, and Shimano 105 rear derailler.)

I got out for a quick ride down the bikepath and back this morning, in the drizzle (37ยบ). A bit slower than Saturday's ride by 7min or so, but not bad for 7am.

Thanks to those who comment on this blog and all those who support me in this trip! It's an oasis of thought during the long stretches of road.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ev- That bike looks sweet!! (I gotta work on gettin' myself a road bike.)

Erin said...

Hi Evan Dana! This is Erin Rice, remember me?? I am currently living in China, (have been for ten months) but I am coming home soon and I am planning on doing Bike and Build for 2008 so I am a little obsessed with the website right now...(I have too much free time) and I happened to see your name and then read your blog and discovered you're doing this with more people from Westford..Anyways I got really excited and I just wanted to say goodluck and have a great time on your trip. If you have the chance, drop me an email while on the road or after the trip to lemme know how it was, though Ill be sure to check back on the site. (Rice.ErinM@gmail.com)
ride safe! byebye
-Erin